unsure if i should go see the doctor i am a 26 year old female. last night i thought i had to go to the bathroom, but ended up being constipated. just a few minutes later i had sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen, around my belly button. it lasted fo

Dr. Brett Weinzapfel
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
It : It could be appendicitis. If you are still having symptoms, you need to see a surgeon. Here is some more information from web md http://www.Webmd.Com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-appendicitis "the classic symptoms of appendicitis include: dull pain near the navel or the upper abdomen that becomes sharp as it moves to the lower right abdomen. This is usually the first sign. Loss of appetite nausea and/or vomiting soon after abdominal pain begins abdominal swelling fever of 99° f to 102° f inability to pass gas almost half the time, other symptoms of appendicitis appear, including: dull or sharp pain anywhere in the upper or lower abdomen, back, or rectum painful urination vomiting that precedes the abdominal pain severe cramps constipation or diarrhea with gas call your doctor if: you have pain that matches these symptoms. Do not eat, drink, or use any pain remedies, antacids, laxatives, or heating pads, which can cause an inflamed appendix to rupture. If you have any of the mentioned symptoms seek medical attention immediately since timely diagnosis and treatment is very important. If you have any of the mentioned symptoms, seek medical attention immediately since timely diagnosis and treatment is very important.".
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Colon and Rectal Surgery 15 years experience
See your doctor: Not possible to provide you sound medical advice with that description. Would suggest you follow up with your primary care physician.