do i have a concussion i hit my head pretty hard last night i am dizzy have had headache ever since i hit my head

2 doctor answers
24 years experience Psychiatry
You : You may have a concussion. Symptoms of concussion can include headache and dizziness which you are already experiencing. You do not have to lose consciousness to develop a concussion. Other possible symptoms include ringing in the ears, nausea, vomiting, feeling tired, visual changes, slurred speech or difficutly remembering what happened. It would be prudent to be medically evaluated. Take care.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. Osman Farooq
19 years experience Pediatric Neurology
Get checked: The effects of concussions can vary and be unpredictable. It depends on the severity of the injury. The best thing is to give your brain complete rest. The more strain you place on your brain while it is attempting to heal, the more likely it is to slow down the healing process. It would be good to get re-evaluated by your doctor.
Answered on Sep 26, 2016
3