what to to about lower arms that bruise really easily? my lower arms bruise really easily. i can just bump into something and an awlful bruise appears and takes a long time to go away. what causes this?

Dr. James Seward
21 years experience Dermatology
Typically : Typically that is caused by "actinic purpura" which occurs after age and sun damage thin the skin and cause it to bruise more easily. There is not easy fix, but i would recommend sunscreens, protective clothing, and do your best to avoid trauma to those areas. I would recommend you see a dermatologist who can further evaluate you to confirm the diagnosis and be sure that is the correct diagnosis. I hope that helps. Below is information on elta md sunscreen which i really like for my patients.
Answered on Jul 6, 2018
1