My brother in law is kicking opids and heroin need help without going to a clinic he has been on 80mg a day of oxicotion and on china white heroin for about a month he is going through an enormous amout of pain shaking and naseu and bones feel like they a

Hello. : Hello. I am answering this five days after you wrote in. I just wanted to note that it can be dangerous to detox oneself. There are some providers who will work with outpatients who are detoxifying, but most providers i know don't because it is inherently very risky.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine 50 years experience
Little you can do: Opioid withdrawal can be severe enough, with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, to cause life-threatening problems, particularly in those with underlying heart problems. He needs help and you should urge him to get it. The odds are overwhelming that, without help, he will either not succeed in detoxing or he will quickly relapse. Motrin, tylenol, (acetaminophen) pepto bismol can help some symptoms.He needs to seemd.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016