is dental bonding usually covered by insurance? i have some teeth in the front of my mouth that are really worn down, and would like to take advantage of dental bonding to fix them. i'm just wondering if this is something that is ever covered by dental in

Dr. Michael Wollock
Dentistry 29 years experience
Plano, Dental : Plano, dental insurance is a very fickle thing. Your employer is purchasing a benefit for you wanting to pay as little as possible while making it look like the best benefit every. The insurance company can write anything in their agreement with your employer such as they only cover left side teeth but not right side teeth. And every insurance policy is completely different despite being from the same insurance company. So, ask your dentist if it is covered. My answer is maybe or maybe not. You also want to figure out why your teeth are worn and address the underlying reason. Otherwise, you risk repeating the same issues over and over again. Hope that is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Dr : Dr wollock is correct. You need to determine why your teeth are so worn down first, address that issue, and then have your dentist determine with you the best resorative treatment. Dental insurance varies and does for the most part cover bonding... Problem is you may need a more durable restoration. A consultation will give you the answers you need.
Dr. Jean Edderai
Dentistry 35 years experience
Worn : Worn down front teeth are difficult to repair with bonding material even-though today's materials are more resistant than ever. We need to establish the underpinning of your condition, which could be from grinding, or a bad habit you may have, your age or simply a combination of these factors, and the treatment should be based accordingly. If you grind your teeth and your vertical high has collapsed, you will be better benefiting from porcelain crowns restoring your smile and strengthening the underlining teeth supporting, this should be your treatment of choice and you will also be benefiting of a rejuvenating look, bonding will not be the treatment of choice because it will not last, they will crack, fracture or simply not hold, because the chewing forces applied while eating or grinding. You should budget yourself to have a “quality dentistry” dictated by your needs and not by your ‘insurance” . Good luck on your choice.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Selective Coverage: Dental insurance will cover bonding only if it is needed due to decay or a chip/fracture, but will not cover it if is purely for cosmetic reasons. Best of luck.