How many injections of radiesse (dermal fillers) do you get on each side of your face? do you get one big injection of radiesse (dermal fillers), or a bunch of smaller ones?

Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery 39 years experience
Typically : Typically you get more than one injection. Remember, it's not like a tire being inflated. It's more like spackling that you use to fill in holes in your wall. It only works in the area that you put it in so you have to move the needle around to each wrinkle that you want treated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
I : I would say that in the vast majority of cases more than one injection is done in order to distribute the filler properly.
Dr. Tanveer Janjua
Facial Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Radiesse (dermal fillers) technique: The number of pricks depends on individual doctor. I use only one prick on each side and inject as I am pulling the needle out. However some doctors might use 'depot technique' which involves multiple deposits of the material which is then massaged for uniform distribution.
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
The : The number of injections placed depends on the situation and how wide of an area needs to be treated. In either case the needle is quite small and numbing medication is typically used so the treatment is usually very well tolerated.
Dr. Richard Fleming
Facial Plastic Surgery 53 years experience
The : The answer depends on where the Radiesse (dermal fillers) is injected and what quantity is needed. Ask your injector during your consultation. Rest assured, insertion of the small needle is barely perceptible, even in the most anxious patients.
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Plastic Surgery 46 years experience
A few: Radiesse (dermal fillers) is used to sculpt the face. Small amounts are placed in various areas of the face to lift and contour. Prior to the injections the areas are outlined so as to be precise in the contouring. Radiesse (dermal fillers) is spread in multiple areas to prevent bulging. It is a wonderful product to sculpt the face. I often use Radiesse (dermal fillers) as part of my "rosenthal liquid facelift". www.artofplasticsurgery.com.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016