U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Need to identify rash my daughter has. would like to know severity of it what kind of doctor for treatment. looks just like hives .symptoms are very similiar.had for about 2 yrs. it flares up red and itching very quickly but never fully disappears. starte

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 21 years experience
It : It sounds like it could be eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, or even a fungal infection. It is hard to say without actually examining you myself. You should follow up with a dermatologist. In the meantime try over the counter Hydrocortisone and monitor for any signs of improvement and let the doctor know during your appointment. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.