Asthma vs. rad my son has cough variant asthma, he never wheezes during an attack, just coughs violently and uncontrolably. he recently has had this cough for the past week that he just can't shake. it get really bad in the first thing in mornings and at

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Marius Wechsler answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Rad is the medical term for asthma. The antibiotic is not an appropriate treatment for rad unless there was a bacterial complication as well (pneumonia, ear infection, sinusitis, etc.) if his rad was not well controlled with the inhalers, a short course of oral steroids may be wiser. I suggest you consult your regular doctor.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.3k views