My tongue is red and it burns. i didn't burn it and i don't eat spicy food. it lasts for about 2 weeks and eases up, but doesn't go away. then it comes back. what could it be?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
This : This type of problem is best diagnosed by a healthcare professional who will do a physical exam and be able to see your tongue. Below is a link that describes some possibilities as to the cause of your condition.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Periodontics 42 years experience
Your : Your problem could be part of syndrome. A syndrome is a condition that often has several divergent symptoms. A dentist with expertise in oral medicine may be able to help you.
Dr. Raya Ben Dor
Dentistry 28 years experience
Burning : Burning red tongue can be caused by different reasons . When was the last time you saw a dentist ? When was your last physical ? I would recommend both dental exam and a physical to check everything.

Last updated Dec 2, 2020