i have dry eyes, the color of my irises have been getting lighter, and i have thick saliva which is making me sick. my symptoms are: dry eyes, one that has redness spots toward the bottom which will not go away. a lot of eye crust when i wake up in the mo

Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
You : You have a wide variety of symptoms and i'm not sure that they are all related. Dry eys are common and simple otc artificial tears may do the trick. I encourage you to see your primary care doctor as soon as possible to be evaluated for your other symptoms.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
While : While some of the eye symptoms and other symptoms such as saliva issues may be related, it sounds like you need a primary care doctor to take a look at your whole body. Some of this sounds like things that can happen during or after a common cold, but you need an exam by someone who can look at your body as a whole.
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kimanswered
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
You : You have many symptoms that are not related. First, you should quit smoking! this will eliminate potential problems. Second, you need to be evaluated by your primary care physician. Third, for your dry eyes, start with using over the counter artificial tear drops.
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Dry eye: Try artificial tears, warm compresses, ointment at night, and fish oil supplements. If no improvement, see an eye doctor. You should also be tested for sjogren's syndrome.