could my dental implants be causing my low grade fever and migratory body aches? i have dental implants which were put in in 2008. one of the crowns recently failed twice so the oral surgeon replaced one of the crowns and laser etched my gums. a week la

Dr. Ronald Barbanell
Prosthodontics 54 years experience
In : In rare cases, a patient may have an allergic reaction to implants made of titanium. If that is the case, you may want to consider zirconium implants.
Dr. Neil McLeod
Prosthodontics 49 years experience
Well! : Well! yes the dental implants could be causing the fever and aching you are complaining about, but it is very unusual. It is always interesting to me when i read or hear a patients describing their clinical condition with such adept familiarity with the medical lingo that one almost suspects they are trained. Your doctor is obviously trying to help as best he can, might i suggest a second opinion? I have added a link for you to find a good dentist close by your home. Dr. Neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.
Dr. Eric Linden
Specializes in Periodontics
Not sure: Do you have peri-implantitis? Are the implants failing? How do you x rays look? What is the bite like? You really need to be seen for another opinion from a qualified laser trained periodontist that knows how to do the lapip therapy.
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Prosthodontics 19 years experience
Maybe: The question here is whether or not the dental implants are infected. If you don't have pain, mobility, swelling, or pus at the implant site, and there is no evidence of bone loss on the x-ray, then it is unlikely to be the cause of your fever and body aches. I'd have your doc rule out the implants, then see your family doc for more testing to find out what's going on. Keep smiling !
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Need more info: If there was/is infection and your immune system is compromised, you may have systemic ramifications. However, all things being normal, the implant is not the likely cause. The oral surgeon is not the usual provider to replace the crown. See a prosthodontist for an evaluation.