i have a bacterial vaginal inflection that wont go away. i had this same inflection from when i was 15 till now. its been 7 years, my doctors wont listen to me. they say it is a yeast inflection and then bacterial vaginosis. its has a small order, white d

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
I : I can understand your concern, that sounds very frustrating. Please seek out a second opinion from a gynecologist and get their advice. Also avoid hot baths, any bath additive such as bath salts or bubble baths, or any vaginal sprays. You can try vagisil for symptom control during the day. Avoid any sugary foods or alcohol as it can lead to candida (yeast). Only wear cotton underwear and not nylon. Only but please seek out a second opinion of your symptoms.