U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 59-year-old male asked:

Can flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) be cut in half 10 millimeter

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
I : I am glad you asked. Cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) can be started at a dose of 5-10 mg taken at bedtime. The 10mg cyclobenzaprine is a non-scored tablet. Studies have shown that the tablet does not break evenly, even with a pill cutter, so it is recommendted that it not be split. There are however 5mg tablets as well.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 48-year-old female asked:

Can I take Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) & Metropolol? Can 5mg Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) be cut in half?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Yes, you can: there is no interaction between two drugs. Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) 5 mg is a minimum dose. Instead of cutting in half take 2 hour before bed time. For more information talk to your treating physician and good luck.

Related questions

A 50-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 28-year-old male asked:
4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Feb 25, 2021
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.