U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

Should i take him to the er or his doctor my 7wk old son has been crying for the last 4hrs nonstop. he wasnt eating nor taking his pacifer. i've given him mylicol infants gas relief drops and tried a warm bath but nothing is helping. he weighs 13lbs and 5

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 20 years experience
By : By the date of this post about 4 days has gone by, so hopefully you have made contact with the doctor and your baby is better by now. For the future, and for others reading this post, if your baby seems very irritable and uncomfortable, and your instinct tells you that something is wrong you should contact your doctor. A phone call to the doctor's office after hours will put you through to a nurse or on call doctor. They will ask you a series of questions and advise you on the next best course of action (er visit or next day doctor's appointment). Take good care.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.