I have red bumps on the back of my tongue with some slight white bumps. i have had a sore throat with cough for about 2 weeks. yesterday i noticed when i cleared my throat for some phlegm that i have been spitting up from chest congestion and noticed a l

Dr. Joy Jackson
It : It sounds like you are dealing with a streptococcal pharyngitis (strep throat). You will need to see your doctor for a rapid strep test, exam, and treatment. If it is strep then you will need antibiotics for at least 7 days. Im the meantime you can take Ibuprofen for pain and gargle with warm salt water. Please seek medical care right away.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Schwan
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Salt Water: Sounds like you have mild inflammation of normal structures in the mouth and throat. Any fever present? Anything lasting more than 7-10 days needs to be checked by a professional health care provider. In the mean time try gargling with a 1/2 tsp of salt in a cup of warm water for 5 minutes/ several times in a day.
Last updated Jun 29, 2021