I have red bumps on the back of my tongue with some slight white bumps. i have had a sore throat with cough for about 2 weeks. yesterday i noticed when i cleared my throat for some phlegm that i have been spitting up from chest congestion and noticed a l

Dr. Joy Jackson
It : It sounds like you are dealing with a streptococcal pharyngitis (strep throat). You will need to see your doctor for a rapid strep test, exam, and treatment. If it is strep then you will need antibiotics for at least 7 days. Im the meantime you can take Ibuprofen for pain and gargle with warm salt water. Please seek medical care right away.
Dr. Robert Schwan
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Salt Water: Sounds like you have mild inflammation of normal structures in the mouth and throat. Any fever present? Anything lasting more than 7-10 days needs to be checked by a professional health care provider. In the mean time try gargling with a 1/2 tsp of salt in a cup of warm water for 5 minutes/ several times in a day.

Last updated Jun 29, 2021