how will calf implant surgery affect my ability to practice sports involving intense leg movements? i would like to undergo calf implant surgery to improve the looks of my skinny legs. does the procedure have an impact on the ability to practice sports li

Dr. Julio Garcia
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
Although : Although normal level of exercise is likely ok with calf implants, i feel that high competitive levels activities can predispose you to tearing of scar tissue a dn potential movement of the implant.
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Spend the money on psychotherapy to learn how to accept your appearance. Many people who begin cosmetic surgery for body dysmorphic concerns are rarely happy with just one procedure. Exercise will improve your muscle development.
Dec 30, 2018
Dr. Deborah Reynolds
Specializes in Psychiatry
Consider no surgery: Primary recommendation is to look into why you are self-conscious about your legs. I bet your legs are normal! Legs come in different shapes and sizes, and accepting your body is important. Surgery would not address underlying self-esteem issues and it likely would not make you happy or solve your problem. Instead, better to see a good therapist to delve into self-esteem& body image issues.

Last updated Jan 6, 2019