U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

I keep bleeding after 2 weeks of my period and i would like to know if it is something i should be concerned? i'm usually pretty regular but i been having this for the last two months. i thought it would just go away but i guess it has ins't.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 32 years experience
Since : Since your prolonged bleeding has continued for two months, please see your gynecologist for an evaluation. Abnormally heavy or prolonged bleeding (metrorrhagia) can be caused by multiple issues, including if a patient is in the perimenopausal age group, hormone fluctuations, weight fluctuations, and other issues. Since this has persisted you need to have a complete gynecological evaluation. If you had pain, fever, or felt light-headed you would need to be seen immediately.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.