U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I am 19 years old and in the army, i am underweight and it has been absolutely impossible for me to ogain any weight due to my continueing from above.... ^extremely fast metabolism. is there any prescriptions that a doctor could prescribe to resolve my si

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
I : I think that part of your question may have been cut off. The army does have minimum weight requirements, so i wonder if that is why you are concerned. I recommend that you speak with your primary care provider about making a referral to a nutrionist. You and the nutritionist can review you diet and from there can establish an eating plan.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.