what kind of shoulder sprain are we talking about here? i have recently had an accident involving a steel wire and a hard hit to my shoulder, and now, whenever i try to lift my left arm, i can't.

2 doctor answers
Dr. James McClurg
35 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Inability : Inability to move your arm is a serious issue. The three main issues include a tendon tear, a shoulder dislocation or an injury to the axillary nerve. All of them require further orthopedic management. The strongest possibility of the three is a rotator cuff tear. Seek care as soon as possible.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
19 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
See a doctor: You need to be evaluated by a physician. This sounds like a possible rotator cuff injury.
Answered on Mar 29, 2013