Is this a miscarriage or still a pregnancy? what is wrong with me? hello there, my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant since september without any luck. this month when i got my period it was very unusual, it was a day late and when it came it

Dr. Ew Moffitt
Yes : Yes you could have been pregnant. One study showed that about 50% of women conceive each month but just have very early miscarriages. Sometimes it is perceived as just a late period. This is normal since we know that in humans it is common to make embryos that are not normal enough to continue. It is always a good idea to check a home pregnancy test whenever you have a period which is not normal for you. Rarely you can have an abnormal pregnancy which can cause serious problems if not followed closely. If your test comes back negative, there will be no way to know if you were pregnant last month or not. You have been trying for 3 or four months now. If you are less than 36, you can try up to 12 months before it is time to see a fertility specialist.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016