U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old member asked:

If a toy my child was playing with turned out to have lead in it, how long do i need to wait before i can get him tested?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Depends on form: If your kid gnawed on the object and likely swallowed leaded paint or had other lead exposure you can test immediately and compare another sample later on to see if the level is going up. Xrays can spot leaded paint chips in the intestinal tract and long term exposure can result in changes in blood cells and bones.
Dr. Cindy Williams
Pediatrics 39 years experience
Lead: Anytime. The test detects the amount of lead in the blood.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 39-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 11, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.