Why are the bottom of my feet red and tender, my hands are also red and itchy, and i have a sore throat? first i got the flu and sore throat, then i got the red, sore, and tender. but my hands are now red and itchy.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joy Jackson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

This sounds like a classic case of scarlet fever. You likely have a strep bacteria infection in your throat which caused the red itchy rash on your hands and feet (scarlet fever). You need to see your doctor right away for a diagnosis and antibiotic treatment. Best of luck.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.3k views

Dr. Joel Teig answered

Specializes in

Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease is a virus infection which cannot be controlled with antibiotics. Keeping your hands and face very clean and away from family and friends is important. It is not very common in the US, but it does occur. You should see your physician, but in the interim stay away from family and friends. Remember to keep your hands and face very clean to promote the healing.

Answered Dec 13, 2020

290 views