U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

What should i do about my face? i have redness all over, and dry skin on my cheeks, around my nose, and my forehead.i've tried to moisterize my face about every half hour. if i put anykind of lotion on it, it just keeps burning.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 23 years experience
Perhaps : Perhaps you have seborrheic dermatitis? This is a common condition this time of year and if typically found on the scalp or face. On the face, it is seen as red, scaly areas on the forehead, between the eyebrows (or on the middle part of the eyebrows), and beside the nose. Typical treatment would be Ketoconazole Cream and/or desonide cream which can prescribed by a dermatologist. Otc options might include Cortaid (hydrocortisone) which can help some patients. I hope this helps!
Dr. Corey Maas
Facial Plastic Surgery 36 years experience
Redness across cheek: This likely represents rosacea, an inflammatory skin condition. Many moistures contain ingredients that cause irritation. You should visit your doctor and or a dermatologist the can prescibe topical agents like Metrogel or oral antibiotics like Doxycycline when this condition flares.
Last updated Nov 10, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.