Could i have pneumonia? i have had cold symptoms for the past 3 weeks. i have a constant cough and have had a sore throat. for the past 3 days my chest has really been hurting. it gets worst when i cough and breathe in deeply

Dr. Steven Seres
You : You certainly could have pneumonia, but it's nearly impossible to make this diagnosis without being examined, possibly having an x-ray. Cough that lasts 3 weeks is less likely to be pneumonia, although the virus that causes the illness you've had can leave you susceptible to pneumonia. Hopefully you can get checked out by your doctor sooner than later and get some relief from this.
Dr. Gary Gorlick
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 55 years experience
I : I surely concur with the answer by dr. Seres. And add the following: two signs that along with a cough might indicate pneumonia are fever and rapid respirations.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016