Why would the left side of my face is paralized i feel fine besides the left side of my face is paralized. there is a warm burning in my left ear and jaw joint.

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Laura McMullen answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Facial : Facial paralysis can be caused by a few things: - bell's palsy (most common) - stroke - tumor - lyme disease - infection - sarcoidosis - ramsay hunt syndrome even though bell's palsy is most common and fairly benign, the other causes are concerning enough that you should see a doctor right away. With many of the other diseases, the sooner they are diagnosed and treated, the better the outcome is.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. William Winget answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Bells palsy/stroke: Bells palsy can cause paralysis of the facial nerve. It is usually transient, but can last for a few months or be permanent. It is believed to be caused by a herpes virus. A stroke or Cerebrovascular event can cause paralysis and is very serious! This can be permanent and can even cause death.

Answered 4/7/2019

3.8k views