Breast and arm pit pain hi i've been having pain in my left breat and underarm for quite some time. i've had a breast exam, an ultrasound, and a mammogram. they see nothing. sometimes its a stabbing feeling and sometimes a constant ache. i am large breas

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
I : I am glad that you had the tests that you had. It is important that you pursue this and have re-evaluation. Please see your doctor again or a surgeon and relate your family history and your concerns. You need further testing of the area as you are still having pain. Of course if you develop increased pain or new complaints then you would have to be seen as an emergency.
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
Common problem: Fibrocystic disease/changes is very common in women. This is most often seen during the menstrual cycle. Breast feel lumpy and painful which is caused by cyst formation (fluid filled areas) due to hormonal changes. Some women may have these changes without being on their menstrual cycle. Caffeine may cuase the cysts to be overactive resulting in pain.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016