Trying to have a baby but was on aviane for 6 yrs i do get my periods when im supposed to every month, i do have 1 baby age 6 im 29 yrs old now, been off my pills since 09/14/2011 n still no luck.how long does it take to be able to have another baby agai

Dr. Joy Jackson
The : The fact that your cycle is normal (period every month) along with the fact that you have already had a child are very good signs. Since your period has resumed monthly, this means you are likely ovulating. Typically after stopping the pill, ovulation resumes within the first three months, and like i previously stated it already seems you have started ovulating. Be patient, your odds of conceiving before one year are very good. If you want to be more pro-active, you can buy an ovulation prediction kit; make sure you follow the detailed instructions. Good luck!
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
See doctor: A woman is usually able to conceive within a year of stopping birth control pills. If you have been off the pill since 2011, it is important to confirm that you are ovulating with each period as it is possible to have a period without ovulation. (Ovulation kit!) There may be scar tissue in you fallopian tubes, blocking the ovum, or your partner may have a low sperm count. See your Gynecologist.
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
See a fertility: Specialist, both yourself and your partner/husband, you do have what is called secondary infertility, it is manageable. I do concur with Drs Cress and Jackson on what they wrote though, good luck

Last updated Jul 10, 2019