U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

My ear canal is swelling, pain behind eye and down neck. ear has spurts of pain and throbbing and it is red no additional detail

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hamid Djalilian
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 26 years experience
You : You might have an infection of the skin of the ear canal or outer ear. You should definitely go see a doctor right away.
Dr. Jon Aoki
Dr. Jon Aokianswered
43 years experience
See ENT : Recommend see ear doctor as soon as possible. Might be outer ear infection but could be more serious such as mastoid infection or petrous infection.
Last updated Jul 12, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.