i have a hard bump on my back. should i get it look at. the bump is painful at times and i am have some pain in my back.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav answered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Yes, : Yes, that will need to be medically evaluated. If you get increased pain, redness, fever, or swelling it will need to be seen as an emergency.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Definitely: Given location and the fact that is causing pain you should definitely have your PCP take a look at it as it may need to be excised.
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Bump: Bumps on the back can be for various reasons. Lipoma, sebaceous cyst, fibroadenoma would be some of the more common reasons. If the bump is causing you pain you should have it seen. If for example a lipoma it usually will get bigger and more painful. This can be taken out in a surgeons office it the case.

Last updated Oct 15, 2019