Should i have laser therapy to erase my acne scars if i still have areas of it on my face? i've had acne on my chin and forehead for several years now, and i'd like to try laser treatments to deal with the scarring. can i have this done even if i'm still

18 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. James Seward answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Yes, that should be fine as long as the break outs aren't too bad. Ask your dermatologist for their thoughts. I typically do try to get the acne reasonably controlled prior to any laser treatment. Also, you shouldn't have any facial procedures performed if you have taken Accutane within the last 6 months. The laser treatment will probably take a few treatments but can often improve (not make perfect) the texture and scarring from previous acne.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.4k views