Need an md that treats lupus in fort lauderdale florida my daughter was diagnosed with lupus 2 years ago at age 28.she is unable to tolerate high doses of prednisone.she is currently having benlysta treatments which she is possible allergic to.what now

Dr. Gary Sterba
Rheumatology 47 years experience
The : The treatment of rheumatic diseases is somewhat, a little more , complex. Rheumatic diseases, and lupus specially needs atention and desicions related to the severity of the disease and related to the organs involved.The decision on wich drug to use has to do with whats going on and what body system is involved and how. The equation lupus = therapy or latest therapy does not apply . Is not like high blood sugar = latest diabetes pill or latest insulin. In diabetes that equation does apply.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Rheumatologist: First ask your family doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist. If he does not know of one, which would be surprising, you can always contact the arthritis foundation or the internet. I hesitated to answer this question since I am not familiar with the ft lauderdale area.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016