How long will i be off work after breast augmentation?

14 doctors weighed in across 7 answers
Dr. Timothy King answered

Specializes in

Usually a few days: It depends on you, what kind of work you do and your surgeon's person preferences. I would talk to a board certified plastic surgeon to get a specific recommendation for youself.

Answered 9/28/2016

6.4k views

Dr. Robert Alexander answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Depends on work: Heavy lifting and exertion are commonly to be avoided for the first couple of weeks. If that is not part of your work, then several days to return to full, normal daily activities. Common sense in listening to your body is important, and you should carefully follow your surgeon's recommendations which will be based on your personal case and situation.

Answered 9/28/2016

6.3k views

Dr. Francisco Agullo answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

1-2 weeks: It takes most patients 1-2 weeks to return to regular activity.

Answered 3/20/2013

6.1k views

Dr. Bryan McIntosh answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Maybe one week: Breast augmentation is not terribly painful. Pain thresholds vary from person to person. You likely would not want to go to work for the first three to seven days after breast augmentation.

Answered 10/4/2016

6.1k views

Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Not long : Under the muscle takes longer, but subglandular implants require almost no time off of work- no matter what your job is!

Answered 5/17/2016

6k views

Dr. Otto Placik answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Time off work: For sedentary jobs, most of my patients will take 1 week off of work whereas those with more strenous work may take any wihere from 2 weeks from to 2 weeks orpor 10 years ago.

Answered 3/20/2013

6k views

Dr. Tom Pousti answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Depends.: Most patients who undergo breast augmentation are able to return to a “desk job” 5 to 7 days subsequently. Those patients who have more physically demanding jobs require a longer period of time away from work. I ask my patients to avoid heavy lifting/strenuous activity for 4 weeks after the procedure. Driving should wait until patients are off of medications ; can respond to an emergency safely.

Answered 3/20/2013

5.2k views