i took .5 mg of xanax at 11:30pm and but still feel some anxiety can i take .5 mg of clonazepam to get some sleep i was just diganosed with panic and anxiety about two days ago and still feel the anxiety kicking in and i am not able to get some sleep is i

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
I wouldn't: Using 2 different versions of the same kind of medicine (alprazalam and clonazepam) doesn't really make any sense, and Klonopin takes almost 2 hours to have its full effect. Xanax (alprazolam) is very short-acting and isn't the best sleep aide in the world. There are also non-drug methods of dealing with anxiety. Talk to your doctor about a better sleep medication, if 0.5 doesn't work, using 1 mg would be next.
Answered on Jul 25, 2015
1