i get sinus headaches for a few days after anaerobic exercise. what can i do to stop it? i've tried using heat for relief

Dr. Robert Gadlage
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 49 years experience
May not be sinus: Headaches have many causes, sinuses are one of them, usually related to blockage of nasal breathing passages, mouthbreathing and subsequent congestion that causes pain in distribution of nerves going to sinuses, can mimic altitude headaches. Office evaluation of sinuses requires direct and possible endoscopic nasal evaluation and ct sinuses to rule out sinuses as cause.