i think i'm having an allergic reaction but i don't know what to it's not spreading and it's only around my lips and on my chin and not on my cheeks that much

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Do : Do you know what caused this allergic reaction? If so, stop taking it immediately. If it is a medication that was prescribed by your doctor, call your doctor. Otherwise there are many over the counter remedies that you can take to remedy an allergic reaction. Antihistamines such as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and zyrtec that you can take. There are also creams that contain steroids that you can rub on the rash to help with redness/swelling such as Hydrocortisone cream. If you feel more severe signs of an allergic reaction such as shortness of breath, hives, swelling or rash is spreading, see your doctor.
Dr. Scott Dyer
Allergy and Immunology 20 years experience
Contact allergy?: It is hard to say what could be triggering a rash like this. Could be something you are ingesting, like food or medications. Could be something your skin is in contact with. Definitely see your doctor about this.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
if you used a new kind of lipstick, lip balm or nail polish, it can cause that reaction
Jan 30, 2013

Last updated Apr 1, 2019