Is there any way, no matter how rare, to contract trichomoniasis without sexual contact? my wife and i have been faithful to each other for 10 yrs.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let try to answer: There is one study from africa (zambia). They found a high prevalence of trichomoniasis in girls in ndola who reported that they had never had sex. We postulate that the high prevalence of trichomoniasis in virgins in ndola is due to non-sexual transmission of trichomoniasis via shared bathing water and inconsistent use of soap. http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0016310.