Snapping sensation (like a rubberband being popped) on my forehead during a flight. this happened for about 10 minutes straight and it was all over my forehead. today the area is still sore. i always have sinus pressure but this time it did not clear up w

Dr. Laura McMullen
Without : Without examining you, it's hard to tell what might be going on. Muscle spasm maybe? This isn't a complaint that is characteristic of any specific disease process. If you are having continued problems with the forehead sensation or with your sinuses, you should see a board certified otolaryngologist in your area for an examination. They may better be able to guide you as to what it may be and how to treat it. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.
Dr. Thomas Klein
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
?sinus infection: A sinus infection could cause fluid to build up in the forehead area. Change in cabin pressure could cause uncomfortable sensations in the sinuses. Allergies could also cause the sinuses to fill and produce symptoms like you described. You may require allergy skin tests. See your doctor.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016