Strange symptoms i am having this weird tingling/numb feeling in my mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue.. strange feeling in my teeth. it's hard to describe it exactly. this started three or four days ago. today, i started smelling strange smells and getting a we

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Mary Engrav answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

The : The different symptoms described are not typical, and i would advise that you be medically evaluated. Any tingling/numbness must always be considered a warning sign for neurological (nervous system) problems and must be taken seriously. Having an "aura", with strange smells or the feeling you are getting of a weird taste in your mouth can also be concerning for neurological problems, as can the vision change. I would advise that you be medically evaluated for these symptoms. When you see a physician, it will be important to tell your entire health history, any family history of medical problems, and any other recent symptoms that you notice.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.4k views

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Physician/dentist: This sounds serious enough that you should see a physician and/or a dentist. There is no way it can be properly diagnosed on this website.

Answered 1/18/2013

5.4k views