Crackling noises and pressure in ears for the past week i have been experiencing cracking noises in my ears. sounds like static coming from a tv or like rice crispies. i also am feeling pressure in my ears and my hearing fades a little. what is this? and

Dr. Eric Pinczower
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 35 years experience
You : You need to be seen by an otolaryngologist - it could be as simple as a hair on your eardrum - or more complicated like middle ear pressure problem or growth. Regardless this is something your local ENT doc should be able to sort out for you.
Dr. Prabu Raman
Dentistry 38 years experience
TMJD / TMD possible: If you notice these noises during jaw movement - speaking, chewing etc. It is likely due to degenerated TMJ - jaw joint. The disc between the 'socket & ball' of the jaw joint normally cushions the bones like a well oiled hinge. If the disc is damaged allowing bone to bone contact the noise is heard through bone conduction since the TMJ is adjacent to hearing mechanism.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016