U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

I think i may have a urinary tract infection. it hurts to urinate and my urine is faded and had a strong odor. what do i do?

4 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
See a doctor: This can easily be diagnosed and treated by your local primary care physician, while making sure there is nothing more serious going on. You should be better very soon.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
See a doctor: You need to see a regular doctor to confirm the diagnosis and to start oral antibiotics.
Dr. Earle Pescatore
Obstetrics and Gynecology 33 years experience
Push fluids: Increasing fluids and cranberry may help. Ideally you should see your pcp or go to an urgent care.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Recent studies have shown that the volume of cranberry juice necessary to limit bacterial growth in the bladder is enough to drown in.
Nov 27, 2012
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
See a doctor: If you are correct with your diagnosis and antibiotic would help.

Related questions

A 47-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers13 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.