i have neck pain that's running down my left arm numbness and tingling. what is the cause of this?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Yash Khanna
PRESSURE ON NERVES: Pain in neck radiating down the arm usually is from pressure on the nerves that originate from the neck you need to be evaluated by your doctor or an ortopedic specialist, you need exam and may need MRI exam to find the cause.You are only 34 years old so see your doc.
Answered on Oct 12, 2019
15
Dr. Craig Morton
18 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Pinched nerve: Neck pain that runs down the arm with or without numbness and tingling sounds like a pinched nerve in the neck. This is usually caused by a protruding disc or bone spur touching one of your spinal nerves as it leaves your neck. This can often improve on it's own with rest and anti-inflammatories, but if your pain lasts greater than one week or gets worse see your physician.
Answered on Jul 11, 2018
1
Dr. Edward Hellman
29 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Pinched nerve: A pinched nerve can cause neck pain headaches, and pain or numbness running into the arm. There are other potential causes, however, and so it would be good to just get a regular check up to make sure it is nothing else. Physical therapy, chiropractic, and interventional pain management are the non operative treatments for it if it doesn't get better. Thank you.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013