i have sharp, intense pain radiating along my jaw up to my ear three weeks after wisdom teeth removal. is this normal and what can i do to get rid of it?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Seth Rosen
Specializes in Dentistry
See your doctor. : This is not normal, you should see the doctor or oral surgeon who removed the wisdom teeth immediately to diagnose the problem.
Answered on Nov 29, 2012
Dr. John Van der Werff
38 years experience Dentistry
Go back: This is not normal. I would suggest you go back to the dentist that did the extraction.
Answered on Mar 21, 2015
1
Dr. Marguerite Myers
44 years experience Dentistry
This is too long to still have residuals in from an extraction. Please return to the dentist or surgeon who removed your wisdom teeth for an evaluation
Dec 4, 2012
Dr. Travis Campbell
11 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Not normal: What you describe is not normal 3 weeks after surgery. You should return to your surgeon for evaluation and he can help you treat the problem.
Answered on Jul 18, 2015
2