should i be concerned about vaginal discharge in the 2nd trimester?

Dr. Aileen Caceres
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: If you experience vaginal discharge during the second trimester, this may be normal. It is possible that your discharge can be an infection such as a yeast or bacterial vaginosis infection. More concerning though, the discharge can also represent leakage of amniotic fluid that is surrounding your baby. Always check with your doctor if you think you are having vaginal discharge.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Vaginal discharge: Possibly a problem. Best to check with your OB doctor for advice on this matter.