is it painful to have your spider veins removed?

Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Spider veins: Not painful. See a vascular or a plastic surgeon.
Dr. Lornell Hansen
Phlebology 27 years experience
Mildly: The best choice in the legs is sclerotherapy which uses a needle and injections. The medication burns some when injected but goes away quickly.
Dr. Ted King
A little: Sclerotherapy isn't totally painless. Neither is laser. You are getting stuck with needles (even if they are very small ones) or zapped. You will likely have some temporary itching/stinging that lasts a few minutes. You will also likely have some mild bruising and tenderness for a couple of days too. Most of the time, discomfort is relieved with tylenol (acetaminophen) or nsaids. Stronger meds are rarely needed.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
If one: Skips using Hypertonic Saline and instead using ethoxysclerol or Asclera in the us there should be no pain besides the small needle prick. If however the person is very sensitive even to the small needle, one should use the best local skin anesthesia offered by Lidoderm patches 5%. To be applied 2 hours before the injections esession while the patient is still at home.