U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Racine, WI
A 36-year-old female asked:

Is it possible to find a doctor who is willing and capable of treating lupus, fybromyalgia, osteo and rheumatoid arthritis?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 35 years experience
Rheumatologist : A rheumatologist should be able to help with each and all of this entities.
Dr. Kim Fagan
Sports Medicine 35 years experience
Yes: Rheumatologist specialize in treatment of systemic musculoskeletal disorders such as those you have listed. A rheumatologist would therefore be a great first option. Unfortunately it is often difficult to get an appointment with someone in this speciality. Your primary care physician if interested may be well equipped to handle your treatment with consultation with a specialist if needed.

Related questions

A 39-year-old member asked:
Is lupus more severe than rheumatoid arthritis?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
Can you join the marine corps if you have lupus/rheumatoid arthritis?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A member asked:
What is worse lupus or rheumatoid arthritis?
2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 14, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.