i am 37 weeks pregnant. i took a home drug test for thc and test positive. what does the state of mo do if i give birth and my baby and i are positive?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Carla Enriquez
50 years experience Pediatrics
Ask MO: Search missouri state law. More importantly, this means you were smoking weed during your pregnancy. That was a unhealthy for your baby. Please discontinue and let your gyn know about your use.
Answered on Nov 24, 2020
2
Dr. Thomas Namey
48 years experience Rheumatology
Why are you doing it: Give me one reason why you would be smoking anything while pregant, when it is known that this affects a fetus. And getting high while waiting to have a child? Are you going to take care of the child? I hope you are sober! i'm not being preachy, but my concern over the dcss and your drug use is of far less concern to me than how well you will parent!
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
1
Dr. Johanna Fricke
50 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
I agree: I understand your concerns about legal action.Your child will continue to smoke mj when you do & get even more through breast milk. He'll be far more " stoned" than you because of his size, which will harmfully impact his development. He'll have high risk of accidental injury or death if you parent while "stoned." if you disclose & seek help, you & your baby will both benefit.
Answered on Feb 24, 2018
1