How do i remove the hard tartar buildup on my gums ?

Dr. K Bigelow
Dentistry 36 years experience
Dental Hygienist: A qualified dental hygienist or dentist can painlessly remove the hard tartar from your teeth. The hard cement-like tartar is removed using sharp dental instruments or ultrasonic devices that the hygienist or dentist is trained to use. Doing it yourself could harm your gum tissues.
Dr. Dante De Crescenzo
Dentistry 49 years experience
See your dentist: Tarter is a calcified substance that is often tightly adhered to the outer surface of a tooth. In most cases, once it has adhered, it would be very difficult for an individual to remove it. It can readily be removed by a dental professional. I would highly recommend that you see your dentist before trying to remove the tarter yourself.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016