Beverly Hills, CA

i am 17 years old and i am not sexually active. i have nothad sex, but my period is off by 9 days so far. i have beenvery stressed out lately. what should i do?

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
See below: The stress can easily affect your cycle changing it's duration. Try as much as you can (as hard as it is sometimes) to relax. If, not improving, see you ob/gyn for an evaluation.
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Delayed period.: Sometimes with more stress -emotional/physical menstrual irregularities are common. It is not unusual. Hence no need to worry.With resolution of stress , irregularities also settle down. Also very young and similarly towards later ages close to menopause irregular pds are common. If the irregualrities persist then can be regularized with ocp. In your case you have a lot of time before consider.Meds.
Dr. Marianna Post
Can be: Stress, significant acute weight loss or gain, serious diseases may cause amenorrhea, but if you even had sex without penetration, you still can be pregnant.