I would love to get lasik surgery but i am a very anxious and squeamish person. how would you reassure me?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
LASIK surgery: During lasik surgery, i give the patient a sedative, talk them through the procedure, and have a person to hold the patient's hand during the procedure. This allows even anxious patients to get through the procedure without issue.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Information for you: Probably the most reassuring thing i can tell you is that the surgery is very safe and very painless. You won't be able to see what the surgeon is doing, and will have mild sedation to help as well. To get more information about lasik, go to http://www.2020vision.Com/procedures_lasik.Html.