Canada

it's been 6months since my acl surgery and i can't play soccer yet because my muscle isn't as strong my other. does the muscle need to be 100% better?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery 38 years experience
Acl: No it does not have i be 100% but at least 75% compared to your other leg would be good. You can request an isokinetic (cybex) test to determine what your strength level is. If your leg is not strong enough you run the risk of injuring the graft.
Dr. Benjamin Petre
Sports Medicine 15 years experience
ACL Healing: You don't need to be fully 100%, but you do need to be functional. You have to be strong enough to protect your knee. There are tests you can take out there to help determine if you are ready. http://drpetre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/knee-sport-test.pdf.

Last updated Feb 10, 2017